Track & Field Pre-Season High School Track & Field Meeting

Parents / Athletes / Coaches / Officials / Fans

The Only Community Specifically For Youth Sports
Help Us Start This Brand New Forum For 2024!

JBS

Staff member
Dec 26, 2022
Looks like my daughter is doing track again. She went to the pre-season track meeting the other day. Right now... my daughter's favorite event is the 300 hurdles. Who else has a kid that will be running (or jumping or throwing) track?

los angeles running GIF by RunnerSpace.com

I'm really having too much fun with the gifs.

Last edited:
I have 2 who do HS track and an 8th grader who can't wait to do it in a year! My oldest does pole vault and sometimes relays. My middle did sprints last year and wants to learn to pole vault this year. My youngest is already training to pole vault in high school!

Reactions: JBS
I'm looking to join the track team this year... but I haven't worked on my stamina for a while so a bit worried :/

I think my daughter wants to try and do the hurdles again this year. I took her to a hurdle camp in Indy this summer that was really well run. This was the camp…

My daughter was a thrower in HS. She is now on the track team at a DIII school and loves it. They had her switch to multis to take advantage of her general athleticism that she says is a result of her years of gymnastics. No idea how this will go for her but she loves learning the new events and loves her team. It was a really great way to find her people!

Awesome to see some people joining the site... welcome to all of you! Please be sure to introduce yourself at in the introductions thread as well...

She is now on the track team at a DIII school and loves it.

That is awesome... track is definitely one of my favorite sports... I ran track in high school for a couple of years.

I'm looking to join the track team this year

Excellent... you will have a ton of fun. What events are you interested in?

I have 2 who do HS track and an 8th grader who can't wait to do it in a year! My oldest does pole vault and sometimes relays. My middle did sprints last year and wants to learn to pole vault this year. My youngest is already training to pole vault in high school!

Nice... is there a local pole vault club by you or does the middle school do pole vault?

Excellent... you will have a ton of fun. What events are you interested in?
Middle school i used to do 200m, 400m and 600m, long jump...that was in a different country though
Had to stop for a while because of a lots of reasons
I feel like I've lost a lot of stamina (used to run 3Ks too...now i probably cant)

Right now, I guess I'll try for the same events except maybe 600m (need to build stamina for that first)
I haven't really tried any of the other events that are common in the US...

I would love to go out for track. I'm a freshman. Currently a gymnast but quitting. Been thinking about possibly throwing track. Just can't run very much at this point so not sure about stuff like general team warmups or anything.

I would love to go out for track. I'm a freshman. Currently a gymnast but quitting. Been thinking about possibly throwing track. Just can't run very much at this point so not sure about stuff like general team warmups or anything.
Im probably quitting gymnastics too.... only thing is we ended up at a bad gym, so all my strength and stamina is lost

Nice... is there a local pole vault club by you or does the middle school do pole vault?
Yes. We have an excellent local club. My youngest hasn't competed yet (gymnastics is still her primary sport and it's comp season there). She's hoping to do some meets this summer.

Back